Blog Archive

Sunday, November 20, 2011

THE PERFECTLY IMPERFECT HOME


I love to read a good book.  Who doesn't, right?  Recently I got my hands on "The Perfectly Imperfect Home: How to Decorate and Live Well, by Deborah Needleman." 

For those of you that do not know who Deborah Needleman is, she was the Editor in Chief of Domino Magazine. Needless to say, she is fabulous!

In this new book of hers, (which by the way became available to the public on November 1st, my birthday), she teaches us the importance of giving our homes, "character."  Having a pretty home is not enough.  Much like a pretty woman.  It is not enough for one to simple be, "pretty." One must have character to walk the talk. Apparently, the same goes for our homes.  And I would have to say, I agree with Needleman on this one, wholeheartedly. 

The book is written in fantastic little essay form.  It includes, styling tips, how-tos and the necessary techniques for making our homes come together with personality and warmth.  It is unequivocally fabulous! 

A spectacularly made bed, the perfect little reading nook, how to display your pictures.  These are a few of the things Needleman shares with her readers. 

One of the things I loved about the book were her fun chapter names such as, "Glamifications" and "Cozifications."  Fun right? (Where there is humor, one can always expect joy).

The book is fun, inspirational, practical and the possibilities it fills your mind with are endless. 

I have completely fallen in love with the books Illustrator Virginia Johnson's, watercolors.  What an amazing sensation her colorful artwork sets in motion. 

 


I told you...FABULOUS! 

I thoroughly enjoyed the book.  It read it slowly as to soak every little detail in.

I sat one day with a glass of wine and read it.  Another with a cup of tea, and yet another with a homemade hot chocolate with marshmallows. 

I took notes, read parts of it over, shut my eyes and pondered how to apply my new found knowledge to my own home. 

It is a great pour-over book.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there there! Thank you for paying Luli's Chic Design. I look forward to your input and comments. (If you like what you see, please do not forget to subscribe!)